Forthcoming IPRA event:
Pensions and COVID-19: The Global Experience
'Pensions and COVID-19: The Global Experience' will be hosted by IPRA in conjunction with the 28th Annual Colloquium of Pensions and Retirement Research, December 7-8, 2020.
Call for Papers
The 28th Colloquium on Pensions and Retirement Research will be held on 7-8 December 2020.*
The Colloquium, co-hosted by the ARC Centre of Excellence in Population Ageing Research (CEPAR) and the School of Risk & Actuarial Studies, UNSW Business School, is a unique annual event, bringing together academics, government and industry to discuss the latest research on pensions, superannuation and retirement.
The theme for 2020 is ‘Pensions, superannuation and retirement in a post COVID-19 world’.
In the interest of highlighting the theme we specifically invite submissions on the impact of COVID-19 on:
- Retirement savings adequacy
- Market volatility and pensions
- Pension and superannuation investment decisions and withdrawals
- Sustainability of public pensions
- Labour market participation and retirement decisions
- Unemployment and early retirement
- Superannuation and pension fund investment management
- Household financial decision making
- Health and aged care costs
Contributions are also welcome on other topics, which may include but are not limited to:
Retirement benefits, public pensions; sustainable fiscal policy; taxation of pensions; regulation and performance of pension and superannuation funds, choice architecture and defaults; housing as a retirement resource, inequality and pensions; financial product disclosure; financial literacy, financial education and financial advice; fintech solutions; cognition and financial decisions of the elderly; retirement planning; demographic trends; longevity and healthy life expectancy; gender issues in pensions and retirement.
Early career researchers, especially PhD students, are particularly encouraged to submit. A cash prize will be awarded for the ‘Best PhD Paper Presentation’.
The Colloquium will also host a special session on ‘Pensions and COVID-19: The Global Experience’, sponsored by the International Pension Research Association (IPRA).
Expressions of interest to be included on the program of the 28th Colloquium on Pensions and Retirement Research and the IPRA sponsored special session are now open.
A Submission Form is available online. Please email the completed form along with a 300 word abstract and a full paper or an extended abstract (around 3 pages summarising background, method and results) to [email protected]. The deadline for submission is 14 August 2020.
Papers submitted to the Colloquium and the IPRA sponsored session on ‘Pensions and COVID-19: The Global Experience’ will be considered for inclusion in a Special Issue of the Journal of Pension Economics & Finance on Pensions and COVID-19.
* We acknowledge the ever-changing COVID-19 situation has created uncertainty in terms of future travel, both interstate and overseas. At this stage we are planning a face-to-face conference of local and international presenters. However, if circumstances restrict this we will convert to an online event or a mix of face-to-face and online participation. International presenters are particularly welcome in all formats.
If you would like to discuss a possible presentation, please contact Professor Hazel Bateman.